Editor, Arabian Business
My passion for writing has seen me in many diversified roles, from newsrooms of TV stations to magazine and website publishing. I have been covering business news and getting the business perspective of decision makers in the Middle East and elsewhere for two decades.
- I have managed to increase the circulation and subscription to two Arabic magazines (Windows Middle East, Arabian Business) by more than threefold (Audited numbers). By understanding the target audience, and their needs, I have been able to provide and write compelling news, interviews and features, getting the best insights from the right people on pressing issues.
- I was selected for leading the team to launch CNN online Arabic website, in addition to staffing of all editors, correspondents, stringers for Aabianbusiness.com and many other websites.
- I have appeared in several TV shows in the region including MBC, Al Hurrra TV (http://tinyurl.com/mo4zlp) and many others.
- As a team leader I have been able to provide outstanding daily coverage for several trade shows dailies, Gitex, Big 5, Gulf Food etc.
- One of my articles has been among the 3 shortlisted articles for Arab Journalism award 2009 (out of 3300 articles).
- My news coverage of several start-ups/entrepreneurs contributed to their success and recognition by winning several regional awards.